There are many ways to stay safe online to help protect yourself and your family.
It is important to understand how to keep you and your family safe online to protect against activities such as cyberbullyling, online grooming and receiving inappropriate content.
Here are just a few tips.
- Only talk to people on the internet that you know and trust.
- Personal information shouldn’t be shared over the internet.
- Set up secure privacy settings on all of your online accounts.
- Use a strong password, keep it private and change it regularly.
- Don’t open emails from people you don’t know.
- Think before you post something about someone else online.
- If someone sends their personal photos or videos, respect their privacy and don’t share them with others.
- Install anti-virus software on all of your devices.
- Only download apps, music and files from places and people that you trust, such as official stores.
- Turn off geotagging on mobile devices and social media accounts.